Friday, February 5, 2010

I have fungi on my lawn that are white, hard, smelly, have no stem & bleed red when dug up. What is it?

I can't find it on any of the mushroom sites %26amp; would like to know the biological name so I know what I'm dealing with. I've seen a lot of mushrooms but nothing like this. It grows directly in the ground about level with the grass and has a thick root with a red-yellowish ooze with a strong odor. It's very alien-looking.I have fungi on my lawn that are white, hard, smelly, have no stem %26amp; bleed red when dug up. What is it?
Does it look like any of these.If so then it is a stink horn http://www.mushroomexpert.com/mutinus_el鈥?/a>I have fungi on my lawn that are white, hard, smelly, have no stem %26amp; bleed red when dug up. What is it?
It's time to put some granulated / pelletized lime on your lawn - it's become too acidic - when you start to get mushrooms - it's time for the lime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment