Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to get rid of fungi growing on the chipped bark I have put down in the

the fungi looks a bit like mushrooms, last year it was growing in patches on the lawn, but however I have had some trees and the roots dug out, and then I put down bin liners and the chipped bark, however will all the dampness about it seems to be very profilerent just where the trees and roots where. I keep having a go at them. I have got a dog,but she does not seem to b other with it, but however I would like to get rid of it permanentlyCan anyone tell me what is the best way to get rid of fungi growing on the chipped bark I have put down in the
Julie almost has it right. Daconil will work on most fungal diseases but what you have is decomposition fungi. They like dampness, cool, and a food source (dead roots or chipped bark). It's either living off the bark or you missed some roots. Decomposition fungi in nature serves to get rid of dead organic material. If not for the decomposers we would have dead stuff covering the earth. Let it do it's thing and when the food is gone (that is when the roots or bark is gone) the fungi will die because of a lack of food. The part above ground is the reproductive part of the fungus and you can knock them over with a rake and not effect the fungus doing it's work underground.





By the way, if mulch (bark chips) is old, decomposers will start to grow on it. If that's the case the easiest thing is to remove the old mulch and put down new.





So just be patient and they will go away on their own.Can anyone tell me what is the best way to get rid of fungi growing on the chipped bark I have put down in the
Hi- you can buy Daconil and apply it. it's an antifungal agent and I think it's made by Ortho.





Fungus is a pretty normal thing in bark and mulch. It's part of the natural breakdown of the bark into organic material.





The Daconil will control the fungus.
Since fungi are made up of mostly water, sprinkle baking soda on them to dry them up. Be sure to not get any on your plants as it will dry them up too.
  • antivirus download
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment